OK, BEVIES! Here we go…
First, let me share my heart as the founder of Bevy. My heart regarding “giving” and “collaboration” is that we will do it with the one in need in mind. Let me explain…there’s a whole movement right now making generosity and giving popular and trendy and it usually comes with big announcements about, “Hey, look what I did!” or “Hey, look what we did!”
I’m not saying giving and telling about it is wrong, it’s just that giving isn’t about the giver, even though it may make the giver feel like a zillion bucks.
Thoughtfulness is a discipline of thinking outside of ourselves for just a minute and taking into account the need of another, and then doing something about it. So, in a beautiful way, it’s about them, but in a more grandeur way, it’s about God’s love and the ripple effects that happen when we ask ourselves, “How would that make me feel?”
So, there’s a great new site called “Costory” I joined it after they followed me on Twitter and I looked over their site a while. It’s a venue to share stories, like, co-author stories with short snippets and photos, and I love everything about it because it’s about collaborating, just up Bevy’s alley! It’s not just “my blog, my book, my website, my story…” It’s a collection of people coming together, rallying, to share a richer story, one bigger than ourselves. Ahhhhh!
And there is a story there that needs a photo of you holding the beautiful name of a female Nigerian student who must know she is being thought of, prayed for, and people are collaborating on her behalf…because every girl matters.
So, here is a public spreadsheet with the released names of the students of Chobik. (We will add names as they are released) In the left column you will see their names. The next column reads, “Costory” and the final column, “Praying for…”
- Please put an “X” next to the name of the girl you will pray for, then write it on cardboard or a piece of paper with a dark marker.
- Take a “selfie” close up, covering part of your face so the girl’s name is the focus of the picture, but leave a little of your mug so they know it’s a real person with a real heart sending love their way.
- Then go to this link at Co-Story and see the example, and click the “Contribute” button.
- Sign up for an account (this is quick and simple). (You can give or withhold as much info as you want…not every prompt is required, fyi)
- There you will be given the opportunity to add a photo or make a contribution to the Co-Story.
- For the “Photo Headline” type in “Every Girl Matters”.
- For the “Photo Description” you need 100 words minimum, so type in the name of the girl you are praying for and leave her a message, but don’t type your name…remember? It’s about her…
- That’s not just it…then stop what you are doing and spend some time praying…write her name out a few times, pray for her family, friends, her captors, for healing and wholeness and God’s love to surround those girls in the midst of this terrible human atrocity!
Remember also, on the spreadsheet just put an “X”, not your name, and if you aren’t able to join the Co-Story this time, please put an “X” in the “Praying for…” column next to the girl.
Bevy will be using Co-Story as a venue for other stories in the future, so the more Bevies, the merrier!
Thank you for letting these girls know they matter!